If you need ideas, here’s a shortlist with guaranteed winners for your #1 teacher. Share with anyone brainstorming how to show their amazing teachers how much they love them.
1. Anything Handmade: Younger kids can draw photos, and older kids can write letters. We hear again and again how special homemade gifts are.
2. Gift Cards: Depending on the rules of your school, gifting your teacher a gift card for coffee, Amazon or another favorite store can let them choose exactly what they want.
3. School Supplies: The reality is, many teachers use their own money to buy school supplies, especially toward the end of the year. Ask your teacher what they need – and give with a handmade gift to make it feel personal.
4. Snack Package: Fill a basket with your teacher’s fave snacks, from chocolate to coffee and even wine (if you know they drink). Not sure what they love? Ask one of the other teachers in the grade for the intel.
5. A Plant: Plants are a universal gift, particularly in the Spring season. Plus, they last longer than cut flowers.
6. A Movie Night: Pack up a basket filled with popcorn, candy, and a popcorn bowl with a note that says, “This year was picture perfect, thanks to you!” or similar.
7. A Charity Donation: Support your teacher’s favorite cause!
Shout out to @thelocalmomsnetwork for these amazing suggestions.