The agenda of items, scheduled in preparation for the Monday, June 7, Board meeting, included Board Recognitions, Public Participation, the Approval of Meeting Minutes, the Consent Agenda, and the Business Agenda. To view the meeting agenda in its entirety, please visit the following link: https://www.clayton.k12.ga.us/cms/one.aspx?objectId=67888
As part of the Business Agenda, the Board of Education voted to formally approve the FY22 Budget by a vote of 7 to 2. The final adopted consolidated budget of $768 million includes $502 million in general fund expenditures and $55 million in capital project expenditures. In addition, the budget features the following:
- A step increase for all CCPS employees.
- A three percent (3%) Cost of Living Adjustment for all CCPS employees.
- An additional (2%) Cost of Living Adjustment for lower-paid employees (grades 13-19).
- Compensation incentives supporting career professional development, years of service incentive, and employee longevity.
- Compensation equity adjustment affecting the teachers’ pay scales.
- Retirement considerations for non-TRS employees.
- Compensation considerations or adjustments for School Resource Officers (SROs) and nurses
“I am glad that the Clayton County Board of Education voted tonight to adopt the budget as recommended,” said Dr. Morcease J. Beasely, Superintendent/CEO of Schools. “It is our objective every year to create a sustainable budget that prioritizes the collective belief that ‘people are more valuable than stuff.’ I am proud of the work done by our Business Services Division lead our Chief Financial Officer, Ms. Emma Benton, to prepare a budget that highlights the district’s commitment to our employees, students, and stakeholders of Clayton County Public Schools.”