Celebrate Juneteenth in South Atlanta with these in-person and virtual activities:
- Spend time learning about Galveston, Texas, the birthplace of Juneteenth.
- Support Black-owned restaurants in Stockbridge for The City of Stockbridge Restaurant Week.
- Watch the online presentation of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- Attend Aim High Solutions family-friendly black expo that will highlight Black-owned organizations.
- Freedom Day in the City of Forest Park will be an evening of live entertainment, activities for kids, food trucks, vendors, and so much more. Be sure to stick around for the fireworks show.
- Experience a Sit-In Simulation at The National Center for Civil and Human Rights in Atlanta (virtual or in-person).
- Listen to live music at the City of South Fulton Freedom Finale Concert at Wilkerson Farris-Mill Park.
- Kickball anyone? Attend the 1st Annual Juneteenth Celebration & Kickball Tournament at Lovejoy Regional Park.
- Attend the City of East Point and NAACP parade at 11 am. The festivities with live music, food, and vendors start at Noon.
- Buy from Black-owned businesses. Some of our favorite locally-owned Black-owned businesses include:
No matter what you do for Juneteenth, we challenge you to do something to celebrate the importance of this day.